Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Teotihuacan

Our friend Jeff is flying the friendly skies right now, on his way to Houston for a layover. We enjoyed a handful of jam-packed, fun days with him, and now I'm feeling exhausted again. We walked A LOT while he was here, which is funny-weird because we always walk A LOT. I guess I should say that we walked A LOT-LOT while he was here.


This past weekend, we three took a day trip to Teotihuacan, the site of Aztec pyramids and ruins of the Aztec city. The pyramids and ruins were HUGE and BEAUTIFUL. The bus ride there was NOT BEAUTIFUL, LONG(er) than necessary, and PACKED (I've never seen people forced to stand for an entire bus ride on a coach bus before this ride). The bus ride was worth it, though.
Here are some hightlights:



Here's the gigantic Piramide del Sol:












Matt and I, before the treacherous walk up:














Jeff and Matt, at the top:















The view of the city:














The Piramide de la Luna:











View from atop:











2 comments:

  1. I love the views, great pics! We enjoyed climbing some pyramids last summer as well, but I found the climb down much more treacherous than the climb up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd have to agree about the climb down, actually. I remember when I went to Chichen Itza a looong time ago, I scooted down on my butt. Smart move.

    ReplyDelete