Friday, December 4, 2009

This Week...

Seeing: I'm a big fan of stencil grafitti. So is D.F. This one's all over the city on abandoned buildings. I have no idea what it's for, and in turn, have no idea what transpired on November 28, but I hope it was fun!














Hearing:
I'm totally a hugely nostalgic person. Matt and I love to reminisce about our wholesome, happy Midwestern childhoods. Have you ever watched blocks of t.v. commercials on YouTube from your childhood decade? We do. Ahhh, the good ol' 80s Folgers commercials. I'd have to disagree about Folgers in your cup being the best part of waking up, though, since I'm a coffee snob and all.

Anyway, I love Christmas music. It brings back those awkward years of crooked teeth, family time, unreasonably cold weather, Christmas trees, and the joy of anticipation for the holiday. The past few years, I've enjoyed Sufjan Stevens' Christmas EPs. Here's a very pretty, yet unique, version of "Joy to the World."

Eating: Ice cream! There's a neveria called Roxy in the neighborhood next to ours with homemade ice cream. My favorite flavor is melon. They make creamy ice creams and icy ice creams. Melon is an icy one. We took our Austin friend Brian to Roxy's. The server gave us a sample of a flavor she called rompope. Although I couldn't identify exactly its flavor, I liked its subtle rum taste and told her I'd take a cone of it. When we returned home, with the help Google Translate, I discovered it was eggnog! Yum. Below, Matt's eating pistachio, and Brian's eating walnut, I think.







































Wearing:
The same BORING stuff. As far as clothing goes, during our time here, I've bought only one new shirt and a pair of boots. Otherwise, I'm cycling through my wardrobe of ten shirts, three pairs of old, ragged looking jeans, and scuzzy shoes. No fun.

1 comment: