Friday, November 6, 2009

This Week...

Seeing: Day of the Dead is over, and I'm kinda glad. My eyes hurt. No, really. I think mis ojos were intoxicated with all the beauty, and now they're a bit hungover and ready to lay on the couch all day. Behold, some amazing, very professional-looking papier-mache we experienced Day of the Dead Eve on Avenida Reforma.
















Hearing:
Let's keep with the intoxication theme, shall we?! I fell off the wagon this week...I promised myself that I'd only listen to music without lyrics or music with Spanish lyrics. While Jeff was here, we listened to Plain Ole Bill's (my plain ole brother) mix cd "AspenxAspen." It contains smashing ditties by New Order, Hall & Oates, and Junior Boys, and I loved it. Awww, it felt good to sing along. But now, I'm back again listening to some classic Latin-American music from an MP3-CD we bought for 10-pesos on the Metro.

Wearing: NOT the pants below, unfortunately. They're so cute. I'm very addicted to little details in clothes. A few buttons here, a zipper in an unexpected locale, a little lace complementing a contrasting fabric/texture. I loved the details on this muchacha's jeans. Now, I know there are a lot of skinny jeans haters out there (especially in the midwest). To each their own, but after wearing bootcut pants from 1996-2004, I was ready to change it up a bit. Thus, five years ago, I was a convert and welcomed the skinny jeans into my 'drobe and haven't looked back (and subsequently haven't tripped over my flared pant leg, as I looked back) since. Es todo.















Eating:
Sometimes, you'll find me frantically tearing through my fridge and cabinets, trying desperately to assuage my sweet fix, chocolate fix, or sweet+chocolate fix. Often, the search comes up empty-handed, and I'm left dismayed. If I'm lucky, though, I remember the platanitos (or, in English, cute little bananas) that we bought a couple days before. Then, I'm happy! These "fun-size" bananas are sooooooo much sweeter (and thus, so much more satisfying) than the big ones. I will miss my little friends when the time comes to move.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha about the jeans...no comment. :)

    Thanks for the info about the platanitos! I bought them for Evie awhile back and at our midwestern grocery store they were just labeled "baby bananas" and I thought they were adorable. Now you know they do exist north of the border! :)

    ReplyDelete