Friday, November 20, 2009

This Week...

*Slight disclaimer: This week, I've been lazy, perezosa, floja--what-have-you--as far as blogging goes. I have lovely pictures in waiting, but I haven't gotten around to posting. It seems I've caught a slight case of blogger's malaise--better that than H1N1, I suppose. I'll come around, I'm sure, so DON'T WORRY (because I know you so are).

Seeing: Old Film-Noir movies (Gilda, Laura, The Big Sleep, and The Maltese Falcon). Dunno know why they've been appealing to us, but que sera. Since we don't have a t.v., I've been watching this shoddy online newscast centered around Latin American happenings. I'm working hard on comprehending spoken Spanish. Having no t.v.= sort-of no bueno. I feel I'm missing language practice without it.

Hearing: her. still.

Wearing: Chipped, dark nail-polish (have yet to buy remover) and sandals (it's been warm the past couple days). Oh, and the requisite clothes of course.

Eating: This eating section is sort-of turning into the pastry section. I can't say I have a problem with that, though.

Since we can't (or choose not to, I should say) eat the carniverous authentic, traditional dishes of Mexico, I think the bakery/panaderia has turned into our way of experiencing the culture through cuisine. Luckily for us, mexicanos have a whole mouth of sweet teeth (probably bursting with fillings, too). We stopped in a nearby pastry shop for the first time last night (usually, we get our baked goods at the grocery), because the darling below was beckoning us. We left with this one and a flaky danish-y thing filled with pineapple for only 10-pesos (approximately 75-cents)!

There are a lot of sweets in there we want to try, so we'll be returning. In the end, this one tasted like a cream-puff with a mild-tasting chocolate topping (which is definitely a-ok), but mostly it looked too fun to pass up.

2 comments:

  1. Truly yummy, Karen. Unfortunately, I'm not sure we'll be able to bring any of that fresh-yumminess back with us for Christmas.
    -Matt

    ReplyDelete