Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Puerto Escondido







Whoa, man. I feel busy. We're moving from Mexico to Chile in two days. It's not every day you find yourself saying that.

I could write a large, verbose entry about our weekend trip to Puerto Escondido, but I don't have the time for all that jazz. So, in its stead, I present pictures.

Puerto Escondido is a small beach town on the Southern Pacific Coast of Mexico in the state of Oaxaca (pronounced Wa-ha-ca), known for excellent surfing beaches. It's beautiful.














Where we stayed:



































Coconuts everywhere:














A moustache:














Empty, hatched eggs of sea turtles:


























































Yeah, we helped endangered sea turtle babies enter their new home, the big ocean. Don't even get me started on how awesome that was. I wish all these cute tortuguitas a happy, healthy, and peaceful 100+ years of life!















3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Why hasn't anyone hired you yet to take pics for vacation magazines?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too kind, Sis. No, my real goal is to be able to be able take some rockin' pictures of Evie. Seriously! So far, I have not mastered that, and it bugs me!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have virtually that exact shame shot of mystery mustache man! I hope you had as good of a time as me & tracy! miss you already.

    (btw, I thought I commented on this already but it didn't show up)

    ReplyDelete