Friday, February 5, 2010

This Week...

Seeing: Art at the Dolores Olmeda Patina Museum. We went on Tuesday because entry is free (!) on Tuesdays. Unfortunately, the Frida collection (i.e. the main reason we went) was closed. Of course. Ah well, the grounds were pretty (for confirmation, please refer to the peacock in the previous entry).



















Hearing
: A melange. Beach House (stupid name, better songs), Charlotte Gainsbourg (Serge Gainsbourg and Jane Birkin's daughter), Marvin Gaye (one of my all-times). Yeah, so I kind of gave up on that whole Latin-music-only thing. This week at Spanish school, I learned past tense. Para los primeros meses en DF, escuchaba música latinoamericana. Ahora, no.

Eating: Vegetarian "Indian" food in Tepoztlan (more like hybrid Latin American/Indian food. The samosa bordered on empanada, and the sauce on the parkora tasted a bit like a peanut/tomato-based sauce that is popular here). Nonetheless, it was a tasty lunch! And cute!














Wearing:
Begrudgingly, it is time to part with my favorite boots. For those who know me, I'm talking about my gray ones. I've had them for years. I love them. I wear them constantly. They're easy for walking. They've done more globe trotting than the average human being. But the holes enveloping them (especially the holes on the soles) are just getting too big. And I think they're starting to disintegrate. Let go, Christine, let go.

Below: Me, Boots, Santiago de Chile, 2008.






No comments:

Post a Comment