Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Random Photo: Whoa, Dude!

"What the..?" you said when you glanced at the photo. Am I correct? Yeah, you're tellin' me.

This "guy" "lives" at the corner of my block. Usually, unlike today's photo, "he's" farther out onto the sidewalk across the street. My daily, melodramatic example of encountering this "dude": first, I am bracing myself for crossing the street. Next, I'm walking forward, while looking left, watching for cars running the red light, ready to smack into me (totally plausible). Then, I look quickly to the right for a car going the wrong way on a one-way (again, plausible). Then, as I continue to walk forward, I'm looking behind me and to the left for impatient right-turners getting too close for comfort (completely plausible/almost guaranteed). Not looking forward, I feel the gentle sloping of the sidewalk, welcoming me onto safe territory, whispering to me, "you are free to look ahead, my dear," when AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!--it's my first look up, and I see myself running into a "half-dressed," bandaged "guy." It gets me every time.

This store is half-pharmacy, half-medical supply goods, from what I've gathered. They apparently think that "he's" a good lure.

Since "he's" probably not going away any time soon, I wish they'd do something about his left arm. Now that looks like it's gotta "hurt."

2 comments:

  1. That is hilarious! I agree...doesn't he need some bandages on the left arm?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like he wasn't as vigilant as you when crossing the street!

    ReplyDelete