Friday, October 16, 2009

This Week...

Why am I so exhausted after a week of ocean?? No good reasons. But there is no denying it, I. am. so. wiped.

Seeing: Besides ogling the crystal-clear ocean, colorful coral, gorgeous fish, spiny sea urchins, and, with much dismay, observing TONS of bad tattoos and older people doing TONS of bottom-shelf tequila shots, I saw a lot of this:













(it's the view I had while lying down by the beach-- the palapa shading me from the sun).

Hearing:
Waves crashing. Duh.

Eating: Turns out, I'm a big fan of Veracruz-style fish dishes. The fish is served in a thin layer of a tomato-based broth and is surrounded by stewed onions, red and green peppers, olives, and raisins. It's tasty.











Reading: Ooh, I'm reading a very good book. The Savage Detectives by Roberto Bolaño. It was translated into English only a couple years ago. It's a novel novel about a true-life avant-garde literature scene in Mexico City in the 1970s-1990s. It's loooong but fantastic (so far).

Wearing: This week, I wore my bikini and the powdery, sticky white sand of the Caribbean Sea all over my arms, legs, and feet. That's about it. Here, Matt models said sand look on his toesies:

3 comments:

  1. That sand looks sooooo inviting right now as we have 40 degrees and drizzle! I wasn't a big fan of Veracruz style when we were in Mexico recently, but maybe my chefs weren't as talented as yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That fish looks amazing! It reminds me of something very similar that my mom makes, except she uses lots of garlic and ginger in place of the raisins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Garlicky and gingery are always good with fish (or anything)! Yum!

    I could see Cozumel in the distance, and I thought of you every time, Mary!!


    Karen, I can't believe how bad the weather's been in the midwest this past week; it's too early!!!!! Yuck.

    ReplyDelete